Coventry Observer Tann Law Article
Tann Law Solicitors – The Coventry Observer
14th July 2020
Have you had problems with a car dealer?
25th July 2020
Coventry Observer Tann Law Article
Tann Law Solicitors – The Coventry Observer
14th July 2020
Have you had problems with a car dealer?
25th July 2020
Show all

Tier 2 or Tier 5 Sponsor Licence

Tier 2 or Tier 5 Sponsor Licence

About Tier 2 sponsor licence and tier 5 Sponsor Licence: At Tann Law solicitors we have immigration lawyers who can assist your organisation to get a Tier 2 sponsor licence or Tier 5 sponsor licence. Your organisation can be a public body, limited company, educational body, religious body or a charity.

Tier 5 sponsorship is the most common immigration route for temporary employees, although Tier 2 sponsorship is more common for long-term skilled employment in the United Kingdom.

In the past we have assisted care homes, recruitment agents, churches, Mosques to get both tier and tier 5 sponsor licences.

 A Potential Sponsor for both Tier 2 and Tier 5 Must:

  • Be genuine and operating or trading lawfully in the UK
  • Be based in the UK
  • Hold the appropriate planning permission or Local Planning Authority consent for the type of business operated at the trading address (if relevant)
  • Be ‘honest, dependable and reliable’
  • Not represent a threat to immigration control, and
  • Be capable of complying with the sponsor duties and responsibilities, and provide evidence for compliance, in the timeframe and manner set out in the guidance

Information and Evidence Required for Sponsor Licence

The documents must be the originals or certified copies

The Home Office normally requires the following information to register, depending on the nature of the organisation:

Relevant information to enable online checks of regulatory bodies etc

Names of people who will have access to the system as level 1, level 2, and administrators. If you using a third party as well provide their details.

Organisation or Company name(s)

Registration details with the Companies House, HMRC (corporate, VAT, PAYE) Pension provider etc

Evidence of Registration with HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) as an employer to pay PAYE & National Insurance. Provide proof of PAYE Reference Number & Accounts Office Reference Number. Evidence of registration must be original or certified copies of documentation issued by HMRC only. Latest acknowledgement of a Company Tax Return CT620, or the completed CT600 tax return and the CT603 notice.

HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) VAT registration certificate confirming VAT registration number and ‘effective date of registration if business’ VAT taxable turnover is more than the ‘threshold’.

Details of Directors and relevant managers

Names of all the people who have access to the email address supplied with the online sponsor licence application and a landline telephone number, if you have one. 

Reasons why are you applying for a sponsor licence

One of the eligibility conditions for applying via this route is that you possess Tier 2 Sponsorship or Tier 5 Sponsorship.

However, before an individual may apply for a Tier 5 visa to enter the UK, they must have a sponsor. Tier 5 sponsorship allows a visa applicant to accept short-term employment in the United Kingdom from a duly licenced sponsor.

You will provide information:

► Details of which  sector you operate in 

► Your opening/operating hours

► You must provide an up to date hierarchy chart detailing any owner, director, and board members. If your business has 50 employees or fewer, you must list all employees and set out the names and titles of all staff.

► Information about the jobs you wish to fill and for which you intend to assign a certificate of sponsorship (CoS). Include the following information for each job: 

• Job title and Standard Occupational Classification (SOC) code – Tann Law can locate the Soc code for you.

 • Duties

 • Where the job sits on the hierarchy chart referred to above. 

• Minimum salary you would guarantee if the job were vacant today.

 • Skill, experience, and qualifications required.

You must indicate which jobs are currently vacant and for which you intend to assign a CoS.

Your latest audited annual accounts with the name of the accountant are clearly shown. The accountant should be a member of an accredited accounting body.

Proof of ownership or lease of your business premises. If you send a copy of your lease agreement, it must be signed by all parties concerned.

Proof of membership or registration with a professional body

Franchise information

Charity worker category

Stock exchange listing if relevant

Business  plans 

A letter from your corporate banking provider, setting out the dealings it has had with you, including the nature and duration of those dealings

Our fees to give advice, draft relevant documents, signpost you, complete online application, correspond with the Home Office up to the decision stage start from  £1500 plus VAT depending on your requirements

It is critical to understand that holding a sponsor licence does not automatically entitle an employee you choose to sponsor to acquire leave to remain in the UK. They will be responsible for meeting their own visa criteria in terms of leave to remain and status. Sponsor licences are not associated with any individual employee but are issued to and on behalf of the business.

Tier 5 Sponsor Licence

Applying for a Sponsor Licence to sponsor a Tier 5 migrant. Call us now for a free assessment over the phone

Contact us today on 02477632323 or email us for assistance 

Tann Law Solicitors
Tann Law Solicitors

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *