Get A Tier 4 Sponsor Licence

Allowing international students to study in the United Kingdom is wise to increase your educational institution’s diversity and financial activity. To bring students into the UK, you’ll need a Tier 4 sponsor licence.

Our immigration team will help you apply for, renew, or handle your visa. Despite tightening immigration rules, UK universities and colleges continue to draw international students to study here. 

Our team will provide you with practical advice to support you navigate the process of applying for and maintaining your sponsor licence. If you work for an educational organisation, such as a university, call our immigration team at 024 7763 2323 or send us an email, and we’ll set up a meeting to discuss your sponsor licence.

Most Often Tier 4 Licence Asked Questions

  • What Does It Mean To Get A Tier 4 Sponsor Licence?
  • What Tier 4 Licence Regulations Do I Follow?
  • Tann Law Solicitors will assist you in a variety of respects.
  • Why should you go with Tann Law Solicitors?
  • What Does It Mean To Get A Tier 4 Sponsor Licence?

A Tier 4 licence enables UK education providers to sponsor non-EEA (European Economic Area) students to come to the UK to study full-time or part-time. Tier 4 licences are classified into two categories:

  1. Tier 4 (General) student – for students aged 16 and up who wish to pursue post-secondary education in the United Kingdom.
  2. Tier 4 (Child) student visas are for students aged 4 to 17 who are only coming to the UK to attend independent schools.
  • If you’re an educational provider, you can apply for a Tier 4 licence.
  • An institution of higher learning (universities, community colleges and collegiate level institutions)
  • An independent school
  • A publicly-funded college that the government supports.

You may not qualify for a Tier 4 sponsor licence in certain situations (like academies and state-funded schools). It’s best to call our immigration solicitors on 024 7763 2323 to determine whether you’re qualified to apply.

What Tier 4 Licence Regulations Do I Need To Comply?

If you have a Tier 4 sponsor licence, you must meet those rules while it is in effect. This may include: 

  • Meeting the Home Office’s appropriate educational quality requirements (such as financial stability, suitable premises, and teaching staff).
  • Being evaluated by an Educational Oversight Board, which will determine whether you meet educational quality requirements.
  • Maintaining accurate records of non-EEA students.
  • Notifying the Home Office if any of your non-EEA students’ status changes.

Complying with your sponsor responsibilities takes time and can be complicated depending on the type of institution you work with. If you require advice with complyance on your Tier 4 licence, contact our solicitors.

Tann Law Solicitors will assist you in a variety of respects. We will help you with the following:

  • Applying or renewing your Tier 4 sponsor licence
  • Challenging Home Office if the licence is revoked or suspended
  • Auditing institutions ensuring you’re compliant with Tier 4 regulations
  • Solving concerns that occur due to our audit and assisting you in preventing them in the future.
  • Teaching staff to use the online Sponsor Management System (SMS) correctly and ensuring that they are mindful of their roles.

Our immigration solicitors will provide practical advice to help you stay out of trouble with the law. We’ve dealt with first-time and renewal visa applications before, and we can help you handle your sponsorship responsibilities while your licence is active.

Why Choose Tann Law Solicitors?

Our immigration team can handle issues like licence revoked over the short term and provide guidance and support in the future.

Your organisation and operations can be assessed and customised to fit your requirements. If we simplify the immigration rules, they will be much easier to implement in your organisation. 

No matter if you’re getting advice on what documents to use in an application or if you need assistance with your licence administration, we can help you.

We’ll inform you when your licence needs to be renewed. Wherever you are in the UK, our solicitors can assist you.

Use our immigration helpline if you’d like to discuss your case with us.For an appointment call the customer service department at (+44) 024 7763 2323, if you require assistance.