Sponsor License for SMEs – Small and Medium sized Businesses

Sponsor License for SMEs

Obtaining a Licence to Sponsor Overseas Workers could provide your small or medium-sized firm with the competitive edge it requires to prosper. If you’re short on staff and want to advertise your openings to a global audience, you may want to consider applying for a Sponsorship Licence. Sponsorship licences can be used for a variety of employment, from permanent to temporary. They are critical in promoting diversity within your organisation and ensuring that you hire the best people, regardless of their origin.

A Sponsorship Licence covers Tier 2 and Tier 5 visas for your business. Tier 2 visas are intended for individuals seeking long-term skilled employment. Tier 5 visas are for temporary workers who will be working for less than 12 months. The Sponsor Licence permits you to issue a Certificate of Sponsorship to any tier or tiers you like.

Eligibility for Sponsor License for SMEs

How to sponsor overseas workers in the UK? As long as you or your organisation does not have any outstanding criminal convictions, you are almost certainly qualified to apply for a Sponsor Licence. These convictions may include immigration offences, as well as fraud or money laundering – if you are a true, honest business owner, you will not need to worry about this section.

The intra-company transfer (ICT) route is another method of acquiring foreign workers to address skill gaps in the existing workforce. Employers can use the ICT route to sponsor current workers of an overseas corporation and send them on assignment to the UK.

Generally, you’ll need a sponsor licence to hire someone from outside the UK to work for you. This includes EU, Icelandic, Liechtensteinian, Norwegian, and Swiss nationals who come in the UK after 31 December 2020.

This includes volunteer labour, such as managing a nonprofit.

With the impending Brexit, this may be the ideal service for your business.

The Service will Include the Following:

  • A 15-minute phone conversation to discuss issues
  • Obtaining and completing the sponsor licence application.
  • A subsequent email summarising the service.

What you must supply:

  • Copies of any current documents that pertains to your circumstance and business.
  • Following the purchase, you will be required to verify your identity and provide the following documentation in order for us to conduct ‘Know Your Customer’ (KYC) and ‘Anti-Money Laundering’ (AML) checks. Please keep the following items on hand, but keep in mind that this is not an exhaustive list:
  • Name of the business, VAT number (if applicable), and registration number of the business; Key contacts and associated contact information, including email and mobile phone number;
  • The names and addresses of all directors; and a current energy bill (no more than three months old) and passport for anyone who owns or controls more than 25% of your business’s voting rights.

Duration of your Sponsor License for SMEs

Your Sponsor Licence is valid for four years from the date of issuance. The renewal service is also available through SMS. As long as you renew your licence before it expires, this will be a relatively straightforward process.

The licence is either A or B rated. All businesses will start on A and will remain there until the Home Office determines that proper processes are not being followed. Once assigned a B grade, you will be expected to make adjustments or face the termination of your Sponsor Licence.

We Look Forward to Hearing From You Soon.

If you have any queries about this service, please contact Tann Law Solicitors on “Contact page” link.

For further detailed guidance not addressed above, please contact us with a brief summary of your requirements. We will supply you with a response that is specific to your requirements.

We look forward to hearing from you in the near future.