Business Corporate Lawyers6th October 2022
Corporate Private Equity Lawyers21st November 2022
The Coventry office of Tann Law Solicitors is pleased to sponsor Trina Gulliver, also known as the Golden Girl. This announcement is the result of our company’s commitment to the advancement of women in business.
Trina is among the elite darts professionals with the most accolades. She has ten World Championships to her credit. She has won a number of local and regional tournaments and is the player who has represented England the most.
The principal attorney at Tann Law Solicitors, Andrew Nyamayaro, was quoted as saying, “We are excited to work with Trina. It is an honour to have Trina represent our brand.” Tann Law Solicitors is the latest shirt sponsor for Trina. 2022 November
Catrina Elizabeth Gulliver MBE was born in England on 30 November 1969 and is a professional darts player.
Gulliver, the daughter of publicans, was born in Warneford Hospital in Leamington Spa and raised in the small Warwickshire town of Southam. She worked as a carpenter and joiner before becoming a carpentry and joinery instructor at Mid-Warwickshire College in Leamington Spa.
Trina has been the British Darts Organisation’s Women’s World Professional Darts Champion ten times (BDO). In 2003, she was named the BBC Midlands Sports Personality of the Year. Her nickname is Golden Girl.
Trina Gulliver was awarded an MBE in 2013 as part of the Queen’s Birthday Honours list. The official communication from the Cabinet Office was printed in the London Gazette on June 15, 2013.
Trina received the MBE for her “Services to Darts and Charitable Fundraising.” Trina will now be known formally as “Catrina Elizabeth Gulliver MBE.” But prefers to be called simply ‘Trina’
The most successful ladies’ darts player ever. Here are just some of Trina’s achievements:
The ten-time winner of the Women’s World Darts Championship and five-time winner of the Women’s World Masters, the former captain of the England women’s international darts team, and has won over 300 singles and doubles dart titles worldwide.
World & UK
10 x World Champion
6 x World Masters
3 x World Cup
3 x BDO Gold Cup
8 x British Champion
8 x British Pentathlon
6 x British Classic
1 x British Matchplay
7 x England Open
6 x England National
8 x Welsh Open
2 x Irish Masters
1 x Grand Slam
5 x Dutch Open
5 x Denmark Open
4 x German Open
4 x Jersey Open
4 x Norway Open
3 x Sweden Open
3 x Swiss Open
3 x Belgium Open
3 x Finland Open
2 x European Cup
1 x Zuiderduin Masters
1 x Hemeco Open
1 x Bavaria World Trophy
County & Other
6 x Kent Open
1 x Lincolnshire Open
1 x Devon Open
1 x Ladies Classic
1 x Isle Of Man Open
2 x I.D.P.A. Masters
1 x Granite City Open
1 x Golden Harvest Cup
1 x Autumn Classic
Former England Captain
Over 71 England Caps ….
Trina Gulliver MBE – Women’s World Professional Darts Champion
- Trina Gulliver Darts own design are manufactured by Winmau. Trina uses various weights, but her New 2019 range are availble in 23 & 25 gram 90% Tungsten.
- Trina is a skilled craftswomen, carpenter & joiner
- Trina taught carpentry and joinery at Mid Warwickshire College
- Trina first played darts in her parent’s pub at the age of 2 standing on a chair!
- Trina has been playing the drums since the age of 6
- Trina was given the first ever “Civic Reception” in her hometown Southam on the 16th February 2003.
- Trina has the highest 3 dart average in the Women’s World Championship. It is 95.96 v Clare Bywaters in achieved 2006
- Trina published her her autobiography “Golden Girl” in 2008
- Trina, to date (2019), has qualified / played in all of the BDO Women’s World Darts Finals since they began in 2001. She has won the event ten times and been runner-up twice.
- Awarded Member of the Order of the British Empire (MBE) in the Queen’s Birthday Honours List 2013 for ‘Services to Darts and Fund Raising’
- England Ladies Team Captain 2003 – 2014
- ‘Trina Trail’ Southam, Stratford: 2009
- BBC Midlands Sports Personality: 2003
- BBC South Sports Awards’ Female Team: 2005
- Coventry, Solihull & Warwickshire Sports Awards: 2005 / 2006
- BDO Sports Personality: 1998 – 2006
From the late 1990s to the early 2010s, the 10-time Women’s World Champion dominated the women’s darts scene; she has won almost everything in her illustrious career.
Gulliver won the inaugural World Championships in 2001, which marked the beginning of her reign of dominance, as she won the next six World Championships in a row and still holds the top three averages in the event’s history.
She has amassed an impressive 61 wins from 71 appearances as England’s most-capped player, including many as Women’s captain.
Trina Gulliver Darts MBE
A strong advocate for the advancement of women’s opportunities in darts, speaking out against the disparity between men’s and women’s format, television coverage, and prize money. The aptly named “Golden Girl” has inspired a generation, and in 2013 she was awarded an MBE for her achievements on and off the golf course, including her extensive charity work.