LEGAL COVER INSURANCES | Cover your solicitor’s fees and costs29th June 2020
Sitting in Limbo – A BBC 1 drama about Windrush | Immigration case6th July 2020
Due to shortages of duly qualified people in the UK, the government has allowed employers who have been given sponsor licences by the government to employ suitably qualified persons to come from outside the UK and the EU to work in the UK. These jobs do not need to meet the usual Resident Labour Market Test.
To work in the UK, prospective employees and employers have to satisfy the requirements of the Immigration Rules.
The Immigration Rules Appendix K: shortage occupation list outlines the jobs which are eligible.
In summary the following jobs are the list:
- Social workers
- Aircraft Engineers
- IT specialists
- Certain Musicians
- Biological scientists and biochemists
- Physical scientists
- Web designers
- Actuaries, economists and statisticians
- Quantity surveyors
- Graphic designers
- Certain Welding trades
To be eligible the following conditions must be satisfied:
- Your employer must have a sponsorship licence and give you a valid certificate of sponsorship
- You should have the requisite knowledge of English
- You will be paid at least the minimum and appropriate salary for the job
- Have enough money to maintain yourself without recourse to public funds when you arrive in the UK
- You have a police clearance certificate from any country you have lived in the for 12 months or more in the last 10 years if you are going to work with vulnerable people
- Tested for TB if you come from certain countries.
- Payment of visa fees
- You should have relevant qualifications and experience
- Undertake relevant examinations with a UK Professional Body
At Tann Law Solicitors we can advise you in detail. We advise on:
- Whether your job is on the occupation shortage list
- Whether you require to meet the knowledge of English requirement
- How to meet the financial requirements
- Where to be tested for TB if applicable
- Evidence required
- The process of the visa application and meeting the requirements.
- Linking you to prospective employers
Tann Law Solicitors is a properly registered and regulated firm of lawyers. We are regulated by the Solicitors Regulatory authority and we are members of the Law Society of England and Wales. Our details appear in the public domain on our website www.tannlaw.co.uk and the Law Society website https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/office/597618/tann-law-solicitors-ltd. To access our services we charge a non-refundable initial consultation fee of £150. The consultations can be done through WhatsApp, Telephone call, Skype or any other suitable online methods. If you in the UK we can do face to face consultations. In the initial consultation, we take instruction from you, review your documents and advise you about the whole process. That also gives us an opportunity to identify your prospective employers and start liaising with them. The consultation fee is paid before we start the process. Once all requirements are met, we will assist with the visa application process. Our fee for that is £1200. Again please note that fees are paid before the substantive process of the visa application. We do not have a facility whereby you pay once you get the employment or from your salary in the UK.
You also have to bear in mind that you are responsible for all the other costs involved such as
- training for and obtaining the English qualification
- travelling costs
- obtaining the police clearances
- Accommodation costs
- Embassy Fees
- Accidental costs
You can check roughly how much it will cost you by going on https://www1.oanda.com/currency/converter/
Depending on which stage you are in the process, the average turn around period is a minimum of 6 months.